The 23rd Seminar And 12nd Congress of Indonesian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in Conjunction With the 2nd International Conference “Collaboration Seminar of Chemistry and Industry (COSCI)” and An Micro & Marine Biotechnology Workshop
Indonesian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ISBMB) present to inspire and engage people in the molecular biosciences. It facilates the developments in biochemistry, molecular biology and the life sciences which have a real contributing to national prosperity and for improving the quality of life of the population.The 12nd Congress and 23rd seminar of ISBMB will be held at Universitas Airlangga on 9-12 October 2018, in conjunction with 2nd international conference CoSCI and AnMicro & Marine Biotechnology workshop.
SEMINAR AND CONFERENCE
Joint 23rd ISBMB seminar with the 2nd International Conference “Collaboration Seminar of Chemistry and Industry (CoSCI 2018) will take place in Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya-Indonesia, Oct 11-12, 2018. In this time, the event presents a topic” Recent Development of Omics Technology For Human Prosperity”.
"Omics is a general term for a broad discipline of science and engineering for analyzing the interactions of biological information objects in organism. The main focus is on: 1) mapping information objects such as genes, proteins, and ligands; 2) finding interaction relationships among the objects; 3) engineering the networks and objects to understand and manipulate the regulatory mechanisms; and 4) integrating various omes and omics subfields
The idea of the seminar and conference is for the scientists, scholars, engineers and students from universities, research institutes and industries all around the world to present ongoing research activities. This allows for the free exchange of ideas and challenges among the participants and encourages future collaboration between members of these groups. The event will also foster cooperation among organizations and researchers involved in the merging fields and will provide in-depth technical presentations with abundant opportunities for individual discussions with the presenters.
1. MARINE BIOTECHNOLOGY: COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT THROUGH BIOTECHNOLOGY FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN ASEAN
is the first International workshop on Community Service taking place in Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya for two days. The workshop raises particular issues on Biotechnology, specifically Marine Biotechnology, and the implementation of marine biotechnology for business and community empowerment. This workshop is addressed to answer the challenges on how Marine biotechnology is applied for community empowerment. Involving more than 30 participants coming from ASEAN countries, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, and Singapore, it will be attended by scholars or researchers whose expertise is Biotechnology or Marine Biotechnology.
The workshop will feature more than three experts in Marine Biotechnology as the keynote speakers. The outputs of this workshop are innovative and creative community service proposals that could meet the community needs. Later, the proposals can be implemented not only in Indonesia, but also in other ASEAN countries.
2. ANMICRO: I-COLLECT (UTILIZATION AND COLLECTION OF MICROBES BASED ON THE COMPUTERIZED DATA IN ASEAN LEVEL)
Recently microbes have been used for various purposes. The convenience of stakeholders to access information sources of microbial presence will have an impact on potential microbial dissemination, improved institutional services, and increased sources of income for microbial collection agencies. The management of systematic collection of microbial data will improve service professionalism and secure the source of microbial biodiversity itself. The service of microbial needs is not only intended for the local needs in Indonesia alone but for users around the world as well.
AnMicro is an ASEAN Networking on Microbial Utilisation. The network aims to strenghthen the research and human resource capacity throught some collaborations among members and dialogues with other international organizations. AnMicro workshop to be held at Universitas Airlangga is an international workshop that invites researchers and practitioners from ASEAN countries that are engaged in the utilization of microbes. This workshop is held to equip the participants with the storage and management of microbial data as an effort to collect microbial collection at the ASEAN level.
The workshop will involve more less 30 researchers or practitioners as its participants. The participants are engaged in the utilization and collection of microbes from ASEAN countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Philippine, Thailand, Mynmar, Laos, Vietnam and Singapore.
The workshop's outputs include the realization of a computerized data collection system of microbes that can be easily accessed by users, and the initiation of collaboration among institutions engaged in the field of microbial utilization. A provision of comprehensive and systematic microbial data will enhance the role of institutions in microbial trade at the ASEAN and the world level.
- Medicine science
- Medical Physic
- Chemical and Biologycal Physic
- Nanomaterial, nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Applied Informatics and Technology for structure modelling
- Biochemical and biological engineering
- Biocatalysis and Biotransformation
- Enzyme and Microbial Technology
- Biotechnology for Sustainable Development and Human Welfare
- Natural product and Synthesis Chemistry
- Applied Ecology, Environmental Science and Sustainability
- Science for Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture
- Marine Biology, Aquaculture and Agriculture
- Analysis Method Development in Chemistry
- Prof. Seung Wook Kim, Dept of Chemical and Biological Eng, Korea University
- Prof. Toshiya Muranaka, Cell Technology laboratory,Osaka University
- Prof. Rendy Kartika, Chemistry Department, Lousiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Dr. Yu-Fang Shen, (Asia University, Taichung Taiwan) (in confirmation): “Bioprinting and 3D Printing In The Life Sciences”
- Prof. Hunsa Punnapayak, Department of Botany, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Prof. Antonius Suwanto, Division of Microbiology, Institut Pertanian Bogor, Indonesia : “Metagenome and Functional Analysis Revealed Nutraceutical Properties of Indonesia”
- Prof. Dessy Natalia, Biochemistry Research Division, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Prof Afaf Baktir, Biochemistry Research Division, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia : “Functional metagenomic strategy for discovery of novel antibiofilm enzyme”
- Prof Fedik Rantam, Stem Cell Research Division, Faculty of Veterinary, Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia
- Dr.Sehanat Prasongsuk, Departement of Botany, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Prof. Yosephine Sri Wulan Manuhara, Biology Department, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia
- Prof Tri Agus Siswoyo, M.Agr., Ph.D (Biotechnology Diviison, Universitas Jember)
- dr. Ahmad Hamim Sadewa, PhD (Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada)
CALL FOR PAPERS
Congress invites the participants of seminar and conference to submit abstract. The deadline for abstract submission to be considered for oral or poster presentation is August 21st, 2018. Abstracts should be written in English and submitted online via submission system. All presented papers (oral or poster) in the 23rd ISBMB seminar and 2nd CoSCI-2018 conference have a chance to be published in the IOP Conference Proceeding and International Journal indexed by SCOPUS with an additional publication fee. The scopus journal are National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology (NJPPP) and Biomedical Research. We also prepare a proceeding with ISSN to publish the non-selected articles
Abstract submission : the latest on August 21, 2018
Full Paper submission : the latest on September 15, 2018
- Congress: 10 October 2018
- Marine Biotecnology Workshop: 8 - 9 October 2018
- AnMicro Workshop: 8 - 10 October 2018
- Seminar/Conference: 11 - 12 October 2018
Template Abstract & Full Text
Will be indexed by Scopus